By Tonie Auer
DFW Chapter President
Occasionally, other bloggers can say things so much better than I can. This time, it’s Joe Pulizzi. The author, speaker and strategist for content marketing and founder of content matching site Junta42 marked his 37th birthday with 37 reasons to blog. And, they’re good ones.
Here’s a sampling:
5. You can’t be taken seriously in social media unless you have a robust, consistent blog. That’s the truth. Deal with it.
7. A blog is search engine candy. Google loves blogs and Google is hungry. Feed the beast.
8. A blog is an industry game changer. When the buying decision comes down to three or four companies, the company website with consistent, relevant content is 60% more likely to win (Custom Content Council stats).
11. How can you be successful with Twitter, Facebook and other social media without generating consistently relevant content through a blog? Remember, content strategy comes before social media. That content strategy can be executed through the blog.
13. A blog can serve as the content hub for your enewsletter, print newsletter and company magazine.
14. Your customers want and need to be inspired. Is there a better way to inspire customers than through consistent content gifts through a blog.
So, go forth and be inspired by Joe. He gave me this great idea for a blog post.