A Hollywood, FL, based international trade association focused on retail environments is searching for an experienced and multi-talented Associate Editor. We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented reporter, writer and copyeditor to join our magazine staff. The Associate Editor will write and edit articles for the association’s magazine, now in its 20th year of publication, as well as online companion website and member magazine.
Desired Experience / Responsibilities:
• Strong organizational skills a must to manage day-to-day needs and meet deadlines.
• Strong copyediting skills and eye for detail required to ensure content complies with publication style guide.
• Solicit and edit product news.
• Perform first-round copyedit of magazine article drafts, checking for grammar, spelling, style and clarity.
• Proofread and fact-check content from outside sources.
• Secure artwork, obtain source quote approvals, and write captions.
• Research, report, and write magazine articles, posts, captions, and other content.
• Work well on a small team, including editors, outside freelance writers, designers, and sales.
• Engage readers through social media.
• Position may involve some travel, including attending industry events 2-4 times/year.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Journalism or Communications and three years of experience in publications; business or trade publications preferred. Individuals will possess strong copyediting, reporting/writing, and computer skills (MAC preferred). Exceptional organization and communication skills (written/verbal) are imperative as well as the ability to solve problems and handle multiple and simultaneous priorities in a professional and personable manner.
We offer a base salary, benefits package and other perks!
Strong, self-confident and highly knowledgeable candidates are invited to submit resumes in confidence. Please list computer program proficiencies.
To apply, contact:
Jo Rossman, Editor