Managing Editor Who Loves Permaculture and Homesteading
The Grow Network is currently seeking a Managing Editor who is an A+ player to join our crew as our network expands from 150,000 subscribers to 2 Million+ in the next couple of years.
The Grow Network is the online home of a global community of people who are producing their own food and medicine.
“Home Grown Food On Every Table” is our catalyzing statement. The purpose of the organization is to stop the destruction of the Earth.
We offer information via our online blog, information products (physical and digital), and a membership area. http://TheGrowNetwork.com
The Grow Network team is a group of independent contractor who work closely together, across the internet – we work hard and have a lot of fun!
As Managing Editor for The Grow Network, you will be responsible for:
* Writing and editing email newsletters (3 per week) with useful information related to growing food, natural health, and homesteading.
* Managing and editing writers and content creators (a.k.a. our “JV Bloggers”) including assigning topics and keywords, providing feedback, and editing, polishing, proofreading content.
Uploading articles & content to our WordPress website.
* Managing our private online community and organizing the delivery of our monthly paid subscription newsletter & webinar.
* Managing and editing topic experts (not always professional writers) contracted to create information products — ebooks, guides, reports, courses, etc.
Skills and Attributes Required To Succeed:
* A passion for homegrown food and good health. (You have a garden, perhaps chickens – you are growing some of your own food, in some way, and have been doing so for at least a few years).
* At least 5 years of full-time experience managing writers and editing content for digital distribution.
* Experience managing an editorial calendar in a fast-paced online environment with a high number of monthly deliverables.
* Experience with email distribution programs (such as MaropPost or OntraPort) and additional nice-to-have skills include working knowledge of InDesign, InfusionSoft, HTML & CSS, Basecamp, Amazon S3, and Highrise.
Compensation and Benefits
This a full-time, work-from-home (or anywhere), contract (w-9) position where you determine your own hours, and complete work using your own equipment.
Though we utilize a “contract” form of engagement (rather than W-2 employment), please note that we are looking for a full-time, long-term committed teammate and friend who wants to be part of our innovative and growing organization for many years to come.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience level, and includes a steady monthly base pay (to be discussed and agreed upon during interviews) plus bonuses for achieving personal and team objectives. We also are working toward annual company profit sharing and long-term service rewards.
As a team of independent contractors, The Grow Network currently does not offer health insurance, though we are looking for ways to do this in the future.
Other benefits of working at The Grow Network include the following:
* Being surrounded on a daily basis by like-minded super-cool teammates who are passionate and creative about solving the world’s environmental and health crises by growing our own food, and teaching others how to do the same.
* Access to cutting edge information about sustainable food production via our published information and our partnerships with thought-leaders in sustainable small-scale food production.
* One-hour per day of working in your personal garden is considered legitimate company work.
* You’ll have access to free testing of great gardening, homesteading and health management tools and products, as part of our team review of products we sell.
* You’ll travel a few times per year to fun locations for team meetings, parties and training workshops for personal and professional development.
How To Apply:
To apply, please email your resume in Word docx format to (hr “at” thegrownetwork.com) with the subject line of “TGN Managing Editor – your name”
Include a cover letter that details both your experience and education as an editor, your resume, 2 samples of your own writing, and 1 sample of a piece that you edited.
Please provide a brief description of each piece of writing/editing in your email to (hr “at” thegrownetwork.com) so we know what we’re looking at–and why!
We are accepting resumes until this position is filled with the right person. However, we plan to begin interviews in late February 2017.
To apply, contact:
Director of Marketing & Sales