The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, seeks a team player to manage the development and review of new and revised content for digital AAP publications, including Web sites, mobile apps, videos, ebooks, and tool kits.
Some job duties include:
1. Work with staff and vendors on the development, updating, and maintenance of content for digital publication platforms.
2. Assist with the development and review of new content for online AAP Web sites.
3. Work with medical editors on the overall management and direction of digital AAP publications.
4. Assist with identifying and developing proposals for new digital publications and products that address the AAP Editorial Plan and that complement and supplement existing product lines.
5. Work with authors, editors, publishers, and staff to ensure all AAP editorial content is consistent with recommendations in AAP policy statements, manuals, and other professional and patient education materials.
6. Manage the editorial development and review of print publications.
7. Develop and manage editorial schedules for new and revised products.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or communications or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
• At least three years’ experience in writing, editing, and/or electronic publishing required.
• Familiarity with current print and electronic publishing processes and technologies, including working with editors is essential.
• Some coursework in science, medicine, and/or or health preferred.
• Experience with professional medical or trade publishing highly desirable.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
To apply for this position and learn more about the AAP, please visit:
To apply, contact:
Human Resources, Recruiter