Based in Kansas City, Sosland Publishing’s Meat+Poultry magazine is seeking an entry-level online editor with at least 2 years’ experience in content development. The Focus of the position is on the digital component of the monthly magazine, which includes:
- Maintaining and updating the website (www.meatpoultry.com);
- Assisting with creating/distributing daily, monthly and semimonthly email newsletters
- Developing social media applications.
- Assist in the production of daily and weekly news content, aggregation of related site content, and the development of special projects that will include such multimedia applications as infographics, slide shows, audio and video.
- Assist in developing and executing editorial plans on a daily basis.
- Post stories, manage keywords, write articles and develop and distribute email newsletters.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Experience working within a fast-paced daily news environment a plus.
- Experience with content management systems, automated email newsletter delivery software such as, ExactTarget and proficiency using Photoshop, Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- Some experience with HTML coding.
- Knowledge of digital trends, including social media.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the food industry a plus.
Send resume, writing samples and salary requirements to:
Sosland Publishing Co.
ATTENTION: HR Director
Kansas City, Mo. 64112
Or by email to: email@example.com