Exhibitor Media Group, the industry leader in trade show & event-management education, seeks a talented managing editor to join us at EXHIBITOR magazine, our award-winning print publication.
The Managing Editor is primarily responsible for executing and monitoring the administrative/organizational process for Exhibitor’s monthly magazine.
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Laser focus on & respect for the editorial process & deadlines
- Passion for writing & a talent for storytelling
- Curiosity, creativity, & enthusiasm
- Initiative, self-direction, & accountability
- An interest in the B2B world/Trade show industry
- Ability to be flexible within a fast paced, ever changing environment
- A high personal standard of excellence
- Five years of Managing Editor experience in the magazine world & bachelor’s degree in journalism preferred
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Working knowledge of the AP Stylebook and superior copyediting/proofing abilities
- Computer savvy; familiarity with InCopy and InDesign
- Meticulous and compulsive attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills & ability to coordinate work with other teams
As a 30 –year-old company, we recognize the importance of fostering an informal atmosphere where employees look forward to coming to work – we play hard, but work even harder to maintain the award-winning, high-quality product we’ve developed.
Our editorial team strives to effectively blend serious B2B journalism & granular how-to stories with wit, personality, & stylish writing. So if you are a diligent, skilled Managing Editor looking for an environment that welcomes individuality, quirkiness, & the occasional baked good, please submit your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, your resume, & 3 writing samples to Sharon@exhibitormediagroup.com. **Candidate must work from our Rochester, MN offices.
Exhibitor Media Group products include EXHIBITOR magazine; EXHIBITOR Show (our annual trade show & conference); EXHIBITOR FastTrak (our regional training conferences); EXHIBITOR e-Trak (our online learning program); CTSM (our university affiliated certification program); and EXHIBITOROnline.com.