Are you a strong editor who enjoys collaborating with authors and graphic designers in a technical environment to create a compelling news magazine? Join the premier nonprofit membership organization for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals. The American Society of Radiologic Technologists values integrity, creativity, professionalism and commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a full-time newsmagazine managing editor for our Communications Department. The position will manage the creation and coordination of the editorial content of the ASRT Scanner, which is a lively and engaging 68-page, bi-monthly member news magazine with a circulation of 153,000. In addition, the newsmagazine editor will be responsible for planning and managing editions, assigning writers, budget control, working with graphic designers and supervising printing elements.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, professional writing, technical writing, journalism, communications or a related field, with three to five years of strong writing and editing experience in a similar position or industry.
• Solid familiarity with Associated Press editorial style.
• Intermediate MS Office skills; familiarity with Adobe InCopy, electronic submission systems, social media and online publication-hosting platforms is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and remain composed under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on multiple projects.
• Expertise with publication production schedules is ideal.
• Strong organizational, prioritization, project management and analytical skills.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and diverse personalities.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to tactfully interact with, guide and mentor authors and colleagues.
Ideal candidates will have previously served as a news, feature, health care, nonprofit or publications editor, preferably in the journalism field, have a professional and approachable demeanor and a positive attitude, be self-starting and inquisitive, and flexible regarding work assignments. Candidates should be eager to learn and ask questions to better understand the ever-evolving and often technical nature of our audience’s profession.
Interested applicants should visit www.asrt.org/asrtjobs to apply and be considered for the position.
ASRT is an equal opportunity employer.