The [a]listdaily Digital Marketing Beat Writer’s goal is to strategically pursue interviews, attend events, and identify compelling stories in the digital marketing sphere. This person will be expected to find sources and leads both independently and with the Editorial and Biz Dev teams, and to stay current on important and trending stories in order to cull unique angles relevant to high-level marketing audiences.
- Responsible for writing a compelling mix of interviews and industry profiles as well as deeply reported features that will spur people to not just read, but share.
- Fundamental understanding of how visual media lives on social channels like Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Tagging taxonomy.
- Working independently, within a team and collaborating with management.
- Creating and sharing new, creative ideas and best practices.
- Participate in an editorial calendar, to anticipate trends and upcoming events/anniversaries/etc.
- Sending breaking news alerts and working quickly, as emergencies happen.
- Writing high-value headlines that are SEO-friendly.
- Maintaining relationships with content partners and high-level contacts.
- Partner with the editorial and creative teams to brief and brainstorm content that aligns with audience insights and supports agency goals.
- Ongoing analytics reporting and analysis to offer editorial, platform and program optimization recommendations.
- Provide proactive creative inspiration and curation of relevant industry news, case studies and best practices to team members.
- 5-6 years of relevant experience developing and creating content, social media and/or audience development strategies in an agency or media publisher setting.
- Have strong interest in marketing and advertising, the entertainment industry, gaming, news and pop culture.
- A drive to go out into the field and a passion for breaking news and vertical journalism.
- Expertise in new media and social platforms, best practices, and how audiences use them to consume and share content.
- A firm understanding of multiple digital marketing disciplines and experience in building integrated strategies (i.e. Social Media, SEO, SEM, Paid Media, Partnerships).
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills and editorial intuition.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, both working well with a team and individually.
- Familiarity with digital advertising industry and concepts.
- Tech skills like social media, basic knowledge of Photoshop, and Content Management Systems like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org