You’re invited to participate in an interactive roundtable networking event to discuss the changing and future role of B2B journalism on Thursday, April 23. Join current and future B2B editors, reporters, designers and freelancers in a facilitated discussion exploring:
- In a world of data journalists, videocasting, webinars, infographics and more, is the role of the traditional B2B editor becoming obsolete? (To explore this issue, check out a recent ASBPE blog.)
- Journalists seem tasked with an ever-growing list of responsibilities. Writing articles is no longer enough. From videos to podcasting to slideshows to social media engagement and interactive graphics, do editors of the future really need all these skills? Or would we be better off specializing?
- How does your organization approach these various tasks? Do you have print reporters and web producers, or do you focus on hiring and developing editorial generalists?
- How is the success of B2B journalism judged? Are there tensions between quality and traffic?
- Will the title “editor” be replaced by “content director,” “reporter” by “producer”?
Roundtable facilitated by Leonard Strazewski, Interim Chair, Journalism Department, Columbia College Chicago.
5:30 PM – Registration & Networking
6:00-7:00 PM – Interactive Roundtable
7:00-7:30 – Networking
B2B journalists, designers and editors, as well as those interested in the field encouraged to attend. Students and guests welcome.
Hors d’ Oeuvres, Wine & Beer provided. Complimentary Event.
PRE-REGISTRATION NOT REQUIRED, BUT APPRECIATED.