Great Lakes Bay Publishing seeks an Associate Editor in our Bay City, Michigan, offices. The experienced editor will work on three in-house magazines (city/regional, business, and parenting) and several client publications in specialty fields.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have superior copy editing and proofreading skills, familiarity with AP style, inherent skill with rewriting, ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and demonstrated publication project management experience. This person should work well in a client-focused and creative team environment. This position reports to the editorial director.
- A degree in journalism or English
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills
- 3-5 clips that show skill at magazine or trade writing
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Must have strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Solid grounding in journalism ethics and values
Send cover letter containing salary requirement along with résumé and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Subject line: Associate Editor Application]. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.