TechTarget seeks a Senior News Writer to cover data center trends and technologies for an IT audience. This writer will produce at least three original stories a week, covering mostly news with some trends or features articles.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to produce content on a daily basis and deadline-oriented. He or she will have at least four years of experience in news or features reporting for an online, daily or weekly publication related to technology coverage. Experience covering enterprise technology is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Write news stories that include IT sources, expert analysis and context, under deadline;
- Write trends or features stories as needed;
- Produce clear, concise copy;
- Develop IT industry sources including administrators, consultants and analysts;
- Develop unique story ideas based on conversations with sources; Attend IT industry events (some travel required).
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication;
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years of reporting experience for an online, daily or weekly publication;
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure;
- Strong writing and reporting skills; ability to produce on deadline; Broad knowledge of the IT industry: segments, trends, major industry players;
- Ability to work in deadline-driven, team-oriented news environment.
Please apply at: https://home.eease.com/