Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly confers with editor-in-chief and other staff members to formulate publication strategies, plan production, and discuss topics for self-generated articles and other projects.
- Assists in coordinating the editorial workflow, quality control, and shipping processes for assigned publications, supplements, and other special projects.
- Is cognizant of reader and advertiser needs and works in partnership with sales staff to meet both sets of needs without compromising editorial integrity.
- Conducts research; copyedits manuscripts as needed; proofreads prepared galleys of text and figures; writes columns, articles, product and literature sections, news, and miscellaneous copy as appropriate; participates in monthly quality checks prior to shipping;
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of industry and trends, competitive environment, and editorial vision.
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
- Participates in reader and industry research, keeping abreast and ahead of anticipated market needs and changes, and works with editorial staff to adjust strategy of publication(s) accordingly.
- May attend industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the publication and the Company as required.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrated competency in use of editing and proofreading skills to resolve stylistic, grammatical, and form of written material.
- Proficiency with desktop publishing word processing software, website content management systems and social media tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Industry and trade show experience preferred.
Key Success Attributes:
- Demonstrates flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change.
- Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others.
- Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of cultures and situations while attending trade shows, conferences, and performing other company-related assignments.
- Performs research from various sources, identifies essential information, grasps implications, prioritizes, reorganizes, and applies.
- Demonstrates assertiveness by approaching others and soliciting needed information.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
- Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as a part of a team.
To apply, please send resume and clips to Debbie Pipik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this page with your friends and colleagues.