Putman Media is looking for a Technical Editor to write content that is engaging, builds and nurtures our target audience, and positions us as a thought leader in the industrial automation space. As technical editor, you will work closely with our editorial team in building global audience reach and engagement for our print magazine and across a range of digital platforms, including web, email and social media.
In this role, you will:
- Write a monthly column, cover stories, feature articles, and blog posts as assigned
- Write and edit products, departments, news stories and other items as assigned. Create ebooks and special reports, solicit technical white papers, and gather and report industry news
- Contribute to the brand’s print and digital content strategy by generating content ideas, identifying hot topics, and regularly evaluating reader and audience needs
- Contribute to the brand’s social media presence; build and nurture the target audience
- Participate in brainstorming to optimize cover design, digital and print content presentation, and workflow
- Help plan, execute, and optimize daily email marketing campaigns to drive website conversions and newsletter subscriptions
- Represent the brand at industry events, conferences, advertiser visits, etc. and discover new content
- Interact with readers, site visitors and vendors in person, on the phone, and via email
- Participate in videos, podcasts, and webinars as a moderator or expert, as necessary
- Contribute to and participate in the ongoing development of Putman Media’s in-person event and conference initiatives
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of technical experience; experience in manufacturing automation industries a plus
- Superb verbal and written communication and presentation skills, the ability to write copy
- Strong work ethic, excellent project and time management skills, strong organization, and attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Ability to learn content management systems and digital media tools for lead-generation conversion, analytics, and social media
Putman Media is a privately held B2B media firm with 75 years of experience serving the manufacturing communities. Our clients often describe us as fast, flexible and smart. This is a reflection of the fact that we attract very capable people who are entrepreneurs at heart and love what they do. Putman is made up of about 70 people who are empowered to act quickly, do what it takes to satisfy the client and create great media products and services.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), vacation, tuition reimbursement, health club membership, summer hours, flexible work schedules, and a casual and fun work environment! For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume with writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.putmanmedia.com