Putman Media is looking for a Managing Editor to write content that is engaging, builds and nurtures our target audience, and positions us as a thought leader in the industry for one of our business-to-business media brands. As managing editor, you will work closely with our editorial team in building global audience reach and engagement for our print magazine and across a range of digital platforms, including web, email and social media.
You will be primarily responsible for facilitating the implementation of brand vision and values by managing an integrated editorial and production workflow for the brand. Specific responsibilities include:
- Write a monthly column, cover stories, feature articles, and blog posts as assigned
- Contribute to print and digital content strategy by generating content ideas, identifying hot topics, and regularly evaluating reader and audience needs
- Participate in brainstorming to optimize cover design, digital and print content presentation, and workflow
- Develop, in consultation with the team, workable schedules for assignment of and receipt of content developed for digital and print platforms
- Create ebooks and special reports, solicit technical white papers, and gather and report industry news
- Help plan, execute, and optimize daily email marketing campaigns to drive website conversions and newsletter subscriptions
- Initiate and maintain relationships with numerous media outlets and their websites by both monitoring content and making frequent contributions, links, etc. to drive website conversions
- Help develop KPI dashboards and reporting for internal brand stakeholders
- Represent brand at industry events, conferences, advertiser visits, etc. and discover new content
- Interact with readers, site visitors and vendors in person, on the phone, and via email
- Participate in webinars as a moderator or expert, as necessary
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years in content strategy, content marketing, or digital editorial management
- Superb verbal and written communication and presentation skills, the ability to write copy that grab audiences
- Strong work ethic, excellent project and time management skills, strong organization, and attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of content management systems and digital media tools and standards
- Experience with B2B lead-gen, traffic conversion, social media, SEO/SEM, brand management, content marketing, Google Analytics, and HubSpot a plus
Putman Media is a privately held B2B media firm with 75 years of experience serving the manufacturing communities. Our clients often describe us as fast, flexible and smart. This is a reflection of the fact that we attract very capable people who are entrepreneurs at heart and love what they do. Putman is made up of about 70 people who are empowered to act quickly, do what it takes to satisfy the client and create great media products and services.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), vacation, tuition reimbursement, health club membership, summer hours, flexible work schedules, and a casual and fun work environment!
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume with writing samples to email@example.com.
Visit us at www.putmanmedia.com