Job Title: Content Specialist
Location: Lenexa, KS
Responsible for editing and writing for print and digital properties, including four national print magazines, a portal website (dvm360.com), iPad app and other multimedia content. Coordinates with internal and external subject matter experts, advertisers, and clients to generate and manage engaging and relevant information of interest. Under the guidance of editorial leaders, this role will be able to exercise judgment within loosely defined parameters in a fast-paced environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research, interviews, writes and edits industry specific material to assure that it is clear, concise, and accurate for live, web or print media.
- Identifies topics and content for live, web, and/or print media.
- Builds relationships with industry leaders to identify emerging and significant developments.
- Assists managers and peers in establishing project goals, objectives, quality standards, deadlines and quality assurance methods to measure customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and collaborates with design peers to ensure that materials are routed to the proper destination within specified time frames, adhering to all deadlines.
- Acquires new content and works effectively with colleagues to develop products and re-purpose existing content for digital distribution (web, e-mail, social media, video & audio, mobile, etc).
- Conceptualizes and executes compelling, interactive platform-agnostic content.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism; two years of progressive experience in a content/online role. Must have familiarity with digital distribution channels, SEO and digital editing software; proficiency in Mac; and strong interviewing, editing, writing, communication, technical, and organizational skills.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change. Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others. Identifies and analyzes communication problems, successfully describes problems to others, and generates alternative solutions and evaluations of outcomes. Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of cultures and situations while performing assignments. Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently. Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as a part of a team.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to awagner (at) advanstar.com.