Hardworking but fun-loving B2B media company based in North Attleboro, MA, specializing in coverage of the logistics and supply chain management markets seeks an experienced business writer and editor with multimedia experience to join our close-knit “family” and help us produce high-quality, creative content for print, Web, and video.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Research and write feature and news articles, blog posts, and newsletters
- Copyedit features, departments, newsletters, and news as assigned
- Manage production of annual trade show guide, including gathering content, copyediting, proofreading, and coordination with art director and sales staff
- Develop and conduct editorial research projects
- Post content to websites, research and embed links to related content, and make changes and updates to posted content
- Work with Executive Editor—News to coordinate news postings for two websites and review externally contributed material for relevancy to our audience
- Conduct interviews for online videos
- Moderate webcasts as assigned
- Maintain regular contact/relationship with companies in assigned industry beat
- Travel to conferences and trade shows (typically 6 to 8 times a year) and occasional public speaking assignments
Position requires a degree in journalism, English, or other appropriate discipline, plus a minimum of five years of experience in business writing, news reporting, copyediting, social media and website production. Working knowledge of MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint also required. Experience in business-to-business publishing, video and webcast hosting/moderating, and proofreading skills a strong plus. Great sense of humor required; ability to cite obscure movie dialogue and rock and roll lyrics welcome.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and samples of UNEDITED writing, as well as links to finished work, including webcasts or videos by e-mail to email@example.com.