New England Azbee Night: June 19, 2014
Join us on Thursday, June 19, to network, learn, and celebrate the best of the business press. This evening will feature three events in one:
- Third Thursday Networking and social hour at 6:00 p.m.
Twitter topic: Your biggest “oops” moment in publishing—what was it?
7:00 p.m. dinner, followed by our second and third events:
- What Does it Take to Succeed in a B2B Media Career?
A keynote panel discussion
- Azbee 2014 Regional Awards Presentation
Come for cocktails, conversation, and prizes (we’ll give away a few gift certificates). Stay for dinner and find out how to build a thriving career in business-to-business media. We’ll also honor the winners of the New England Region Azbee awards and show slides of the design and editorial work that landed the honors.
The cocktail and networking hour from 6:00-7:00 p.m. is free of charge, with a cash bar, and no reservations are needed. Please note that there is a fee for the panel and awards banquet that follow, and reservations are required.
Register now for Azbee Night! The registration deadline is June 12.
|Betsy Bair of Meetings.Net||Kelley Damore of UBM||Mark Schlack of TechTarget|
Speakers will be:
- Betsy Bair, content leader and project manager at Penton’s MeetingsNet.
- Kelley Damore, chief community officer of UBM.
- Mark Schlack, ASBPE national president and senior vice-president of editorial for TechTarget.
All have navigated successful careers. Collectively, they have experience in print, online, and in planning conferences and events. They will head up a panel discussion on the future of B2B editorial as a profession. They’ll talk about
- how aspiring editors can build a successful career in B2B journalism,
- how the profession continues to change, and
- what some of the emerging career paths of the next decade are.
Date: June 19, 2014
Cocktails and networking: 6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Banquet, panel, and awards presentation: 7:00 p.m. till about 9:30 p.m.
Crown Plaza Boston — Newton
320 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02458
- Happy Hour only: No charge. Cash bar; hors d’oeuvres provided by ASBPE Boston
- Awards banquet and keynote panel —advance reservations required:
- ASBPE members: $60 per person
- Nonmembers: $75 per person
- Table of 8 (any membership status): $450
The deadline to sign up for the banquet is Thursday, June 12.
- Entree: Chicken Francaise
- Crowne House Salad
- Key Lime Pie, Coffee
(Special dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice.)
The Crowne Plaza Boston is located at 320 Washington Street, Newton, Mass.:
- From Boston, take Mass Pike West (I-90). Take the Newton/Watertown Exit 17. At the end of the ramp, veer to left onto Washington Street and head straight. The entrance to the hotel will be on your left.
- From the west, take the Mass Pike East to Exit 17.At end of ramp, bear left and stay to the left as you bear on to Washington Street, then fohead straight. The entrance to the hotel will be on your left.
Newton Corner is served by many MBTA bus routes from Boston, Cambridge, and other areas. Visit mbta.com for schedule and route information.
About the New England Azbees
ASBPE revamped the awards divisions this year, creating eight new regions. The New England Region Azbee awards honor work from media properties based in
- New Hampshire,
- Rhode Island and