It’s that time of year again! ASBPE’s 2024 Azbee Awards of Excellence competition opens for submissions Nov. 1, 2023.
“Every year we update the Azbee Awards to be able to highlight even more of the outstanding work our members are doing across all of today’s journalism platforms,” said ASBPE President Cory Sekine-Pettite. “There is a category for every type of reporting, multimedia and design project, and they reflect how B2B has evolved in recent years.”
The Azbee Awards of Excellence honor the best in B2B media, recognizing outstanding work by business, trade, association and professional publications across 61 categories. One of the most competitive award programs for B2B media, the Azbees highlight editorial, online and design excellence within print media, email newsletters and online publishing.
The competition is open to all U.S.-based B2B, trade and association publications. ASBPE membership is not required for entry, but members receive a discount on entry fees.
2024 Azbee Awards Updates:
We’ve been busy:
- E-Newsletter has been moved to the Overall Excellence division as Email Newsletter of the Year.
- Social Media Account of the Year now allows submissions from individual journalists whose accounts promote their publication.
- New category: Showcase how your team is moving discourse forward with Technology & Innovation Reporting on the innovations advancing your industry.
- New category: Share your best Sustainability Reporting on sustainability trends and their impact on your industry.
- The How-To Article categories from the Print and Online divisions have been combined under the All Content division to allow submissions from print, web, newsletters or digital magazines.
- Feature Article Design and Online Feature Article Design are now Print Article Design and Web Article Design, allowing more articles to be entered even if not traditionally considered “features.”
- Infographics has been restyled as Data Visualization to reflect updated industry terminology in line with the entries we’d like to see in the category.
- Publication Redesign now allows all publication types, including websites. Entries will be evaluated on the design improvements, quality and success of their redesigns.
- Case History has been renamed Case Study for clarity.
- Our Regular Column categories (Staff-Written and Contributed) have been combined into a single category.
- Trade Show/Conference Coverage has been further evolved to Event Coverage to allow a wider range of industry event coverage to be submitted.
- Web News Section has been adapted to Online Industry News Coverage to clarify category expectations. Likewise, Print News Section has been revised to Industry News Coverage and now allows six articles across the entry year, rather than two full sections from successive issues.
- The descriptions for the Online Breaking News Coverage and State of the Industry (print and online) categories have been further refined and clarified.
- The Webinar and Front Cover – Special Issue/Supplement categories have been retired. (These covers can still be submitted in our other Front Cover categories based on design type.)
- And visit New for 2024 for more Azbee updates!
Deadlines and Fees
- Early-Bird Entry Deadline: Save $30 per entry by submitting between Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023, through Friday, Dec. 15, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. EST
- Regular Entry Deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2024, at 4:00 p.m. EST
- Late Entry Deadline: Continue to enter all categories through Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, at 3:00 p.m. EST for an additional fee of $10 per entry.
Judge the Azbees
The Awards Committee is recruiting our team of judges for the 2024 Azbee Awards. Would you like to help us rate the best of B2B media editorial and design? Do you want a sneak peak of other publication’s best work? Want ideas for how to handle certain types of work or topics? Learn more and join us for judging in January and February 2024.