ASBPE has made some updates to our memberships and member profiles in order to better serve our members. If you have any questions about your membership, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Changes to Your Membership:
ASBPE has expanded its membership options to include roles that have developed within B2B publishing in recent years. If you fall into a different member type than you signed up under, you’ll have the opportunity to switch upon renewal.
We will reintroduce annual membership dues in order to ensure the organization is financially healthy and sustainably able to operate. With membership dues, we will be able to continue investing in and building upon the valuable programming you’ve come to expect from us. Dues for new members will start on Jan. 3, 2024. Current members will continue to receive free membership until Sept. 1, 2024.
Our revised membership options and their annual dues:
- Staff Editorial – $75 annually – writers, editors, managers, publishers and other roles focused on editorial work or operations for a business publication.
- Staff Design/Multimedia – $75 annually – designers, art directors, photographers, podcasters, videographers, developers and similar multimedia roles working for a business publication.
- Freelance Editorial – $50 annually – writers, editors, and other roles focused on editorial work for, but not employed by, a business publication.
- Freelance Design/Multimedia – $50 annually – designers, art directors, photographers, podcasters, videographers, developers and similar roles working for, but not employed by, a business publication.
- Audience Engagement – $75 annually – those working in social media, communications, marketing or similar capacities, who engage with members/readers on behalf of the editorial department of a business publication.
- Conference/Event Coordinator – $75 annually – event planners or managers who conduct events on behalf of the editorial department of a business publication.
- Academic – $25 annually – faculty members from the departments of journalism and related fields at colleges and universities (undergrad and graduate) who have a direct interest in B2B journalism.
- Student – free for up to four years – students in undergraduate or graduate journalism programs and related fields, who apply with their college/university email address.
- Affiliate – $150 annually – vendors and others who have a professional or occupational interest in journalism, communications or business publications that is not solely marketing-based.
- Retired – $25 annually – current and previous members who were formerly employed in editorial capacities by a business publication and are not currently accepting freelance contracts.
Applicants now have the ability to search our database for a matching account ahead of completing an application for membership. Anyone in our database but without an account will have some form fields auto-filled.
Updates to Member Profile Fields:
ASBPE has made several changes to our member profile fields in order to honor the experience and diversity of our membership. Please visit your profile to update these fields:
- Alternate Email (under Personal Information): Please provide an alternate email address if your main contact email is a business email. This will allow us to remain in contact with members after they leave a current position. This field will be pre-set to private and visible only to the member and admins unless the member chooses to change the privacy setting.
- Expanded Social Platform Options: We’ve added fields to allow members to share both personal and professional Instagram profiles and professional YouTube channels.
- Diversity (under Personal Information): This field will allow our members to speak to us about what makes our membership diverse. Options including ethnicity, identity, disability and more, will help us choose potential recipients for our annual Diversity Fellowship. This field will be pre-set to private and visible only to the member and admins unless the member chooses to change the privacy setting.
- Preferred Pronoun (under Personal Information): ASBPE wants to honor your identity. This field will be pre-set to private and visible only to the member and admins unless the member chooses to change the privacy setting.
- Gender (under Personal Information): Recent platform updates allow us to honor non-binary gender selection and those who prefer not to specify gender. This field will remain optional and members can change the privacy setting.
- Platform Experience (under Professional Information): We’ve updated the selection options for platform experience to reflect our changing reality in the B2B media space.
- University and Education Level: We’ve separated these fields from Experience, so you can share your alma mater and highest-degree earned. Prior listings remain in the Experience field, so you can update accordingly.
Active Volunteers Earn Free Membership
ASBPE’s National Board of Directors allows members to earn free membership through volunteerism. Any active volunteer donating two hours per month on average to one of our committees or as leadership in one of our chapters will earn free membership with ASBPE. Reach out to a committee or chapter to volunteer.
We appreciate all member feedback and are glad to answer your questions. Please don’t hesitate to reach out through our contact form.