The American Public Power Association is the voice of not-for-profit, community-owned utilities that power 2,000 towns and cities nationwide. We represent public power before the federal government to protect the interests of the more than 49 million customers that public power utilities serve, and the 93,000 people they employ. Our association advocates and advises on electricity policy, technology, trends, training, and operations. Our members strengthen their communities by providing superior service, engaging citizens, and instilling pride in community-owned power.
We are seeking a Senior Editor and Content Strategist to develop content strategies based on the association’s vision, purpose, and strategic objectives. The individual in this role will conceive, plan, develop, and oversee the generation of high-quality content for the Association across multiple channels, including overseeing the publication of Public Power Magazine’s print and digital formats. This role will also curate and edit content generated across the organization and enables content development and distribution through infographics, videos, and multimedia presentations.
Required education and experience:
• High-level thinker and strong team player with collaborative skills.
• Problem solver with excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills.
• Understanding of various audience needs, preferences, and priorities.
• Ability to gather and translate complex technical information into reader-friendly language.
• Understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills.
• Degree from 4-year college or university with major course work in public communications.
• At least 5 years’ experience in print and digital content management, development, editing, and dissemination.
• Experience in advocacy communications and campaigns a plus.
The American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Senior Editor and Content Strategist in the subject line.