Agenda, the leading publication for corporate directors, is seeking a managing editor to continue to drive the growth of its readership and market share.
Agenda has grown significantly in the last few years and this is an opportunity for a dedicated, experienced editor to take ownership of this Financial Times publication and lead it forward. You’ll direct coverage of the most important business issues of the day for an extremely sophisticated, intelligent and influential readership.
The successful candidate will take charge of a weekly newsletter and website that gives readers in-depth coverage of the most relevant issues hitting corporate boardrooms across the country, including legislative and regulatory developments, audit issues, strategy and risk management, compensation and CEO oversight. We have also recently launched an additional weekly online issue, as well as a series of educational webcasts and in-depth quarterly reports. The publication is coming off an extremely successful year with high renewal rates and very healthy new subscription sales, and has terrific momentum.
- At least 10 years of business reporting or editing experience
- Experience managing a staff of reporters
- Demonstrated ability to write or produce content for a specific niche audience
- Track record of continuous improvement and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and respond to readers’ needs
- Knowledge of corporate governance issues a definite plus
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Manage and coach a team of five reporters and one news analyst to deliver the most important information (news, research, etc.) to a readership of corporate directors and C-suite executives.
- Edit and produce the weekly print issue of Agenda and another weekly online-only issue, Agenda Briefing. Edit breaking news alerts as necessary.
- Develop knowledge of the space we cover and what’s important and valuable to readers. Meet with or talk to readers or others in the field to ensure Agenda is meeting their information needs and to find out where there may be gaps or opportunities.
- Consider competitive threats and developments and consider ways to combat or enhance Agenda in response. Research and implement ideas on how to improve and differentiate Agenda.
- Work with other departments to incorporate video, graphics, webcasts into our editorial coverage.
- On occasion, moderate webcasts or panels at events run by our events group. Represent Agenda’s editorial team internally and externally.
Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the position to email@example.com
Money-Media is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits as part of the Financial Times. We also offer a supportive and collegial working environment and the opportunity to work with others who are passionate about their jobs. Visit our website www.money-media.com for more information.