Hardworking but fun-loving B2B publishing company located in North Attleboro, MA, specializing in coverage of the logistics and supply chain management markets logistics and supply chain management seeks an associate editor with multimedia experience to join our close-knit “family” and help us produce high-quality, creative content for print, Web, and video and provide support to our director of e-Media.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Post daily news online, including light editing and updating as necessary
- Research and create links in articles to related content
- Distribute and/or use incoming press releases online and in print as appropriate
- Write/edit copy for print and online departments, newsletters, and special projects as assigned
- Maintain and update online calendar/events listings
- Maintain and enhance social media feeds
- Generate Web, blog, and webcast traffic reports
- Post content to websites, research and embed links to related content, and make changes and updates to posted content
- Work with Executive Editor—News to coordinate news postings for two websites and review externally contributed material for relevancy to our audience
- Build and deploy e-newsletters, create traffic reports
- Provide technical support for bloggers
- Build, test, deploy, and report results of surveys
- Post internally generated videos on websites and monitor user-uploaded videos
- Review externally generated content for relevancy to our audience
- Maintain print issue archive
- Maintain and update contact info for Q&A interview subjects
- Manage annual editorial and design award entries
- Occasional travel to trade shows (typically once a year)
Position requires a degree in journalism, English, or other appropriate discipline, plus a minimum of two years of experience in social media, website production, and digital media. Working knowledge of MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and SurveyMonkey also required as well as HTML and CSS experience, familiarity with a CMS such as Drupal or WordPress, and an understanding of HTML/CSS rendering in different desktop and mobile email apps. Experience in business-to-business publishing a strong plus. Great sense of humor required; ability to cite obscure movie dialogue and rock and roll lyrics welcome.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and writing samples as well as links to finished work, including webcasts or videos, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.