Director of Digital Content and Audience Development – Putman Media
Putman Media in Schaumburg, IL is looking for a digital media specialist with the know-how and drive necessary to 1) build the total audience for our website, newsletters and related products, and 2) increase the number of members who are most “engaged” with the site — the 80/20 rule. In this role, you will wear many hats and function as part editor, part marketer, and part audience specialist. We want you to bring our digital strategy to new heights and help us discover new ways to serve our industry and engage our audience.
- Lead the digital content strategy to complement the brand’s overall content strategy.
- Oversee the creation, production, and curation of content with a keen sense of connection with and engaging the brand’s community.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to produce original digital content and ongoing features around an editorial calendar.
- Create and deploy daily e-newsletters and maintain a monthly e-newsletter schedule.
- Manage the brand’s social media presence across various social media platforms.
- Contribute to the growth and development of new and improved website features, and increase traffic. Use site metrics and measure the effectiveness of site pages and new content and features. Implement SEO-driving strategies.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, excellent project and time management skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, content management systems, SEO best practices, and other digital media tools and standards
- Familiarity with template construction with an ability to code landing pages, utilize CMS tools, proofread copy, and recommend best practices
- Experience with how social media and trade media interact
Putman Media isn’t your average media company. We’re privately held, which means we’re flexible, so you need to be, too. And because we’re about 70 people strong, we’re nimble, so get your running shoes on. Last but not least, we’re family-owned and managed, and that means we have values and a belief in doing things the right way. We want to know if you share those values. A few more details: we’re 75 years young, and we’ve always served manufacturing communities (translation: we know our business). We hire people who are entrepreneurs at heart and love what they do. We don’t want our teams jumping through hoops. We want them to act quickly, do what it takes to satisfy the client and create great media products and services.
We offer competitive compensation, solid medical and dental benefits, life insurance, and disability, 401(k), paid vacation, personal time, tuition reimbursement, supplemented gym membership, summer hours, flexible work schedules, and a casual and fun work environment.
Send your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.putmanmedia.com