Announcing the 2014 New England Azbee Winners
On Thursday, June 19, we celebrated great design, editorial and online work by the best of the New England business press. Now you can:
- download a list of all New England Region winners in PDF format.
- see the slides of the winning entries.
Congratulations to the winners! We look forward to seeing you in Chicago July 25 for the national awards banquet, which will take place during the ASBPE National Conference.
Keynote: B2B media careers and the future of the industry
The evening also featured a keynote panel discussion, What Does it Take to Succeed in a B2B Media Career?
The panelists were:
- Betsy Bair, content leader and project manager at Penton’s MeetingsNet.
- Kelley Damore, chief community officer of UBM.
- Mark Schlack, ASBPE national president and senior vice-president of editorial for TechTarget.
All have navigated successful careers. Collectively, they have experience in print, online, and in planning conferences and events. At the banquet they talked about:
- how aspiring editors can build a successful career in B2B journalism,
- how the profession continues to change, and
- what some of the emerging career paths of the next decade are.
One thing the panelists agreed on: the New York Times’ internal report on innovation in the newsroom is a must-read. (Others agree, including the Nieman Journalism Lab and Mashable; if you want a quick summary of the 96-page report, see Mashable’s brief on its 6 key points.)
You can read more of the panelists’ advice in the slide show below.