Associate Editor – Phoenix Media
Phoenix Media, an award-winning media company, is looking for a top-notch editor to help write and edit content for its growing lineup of web and magazine properties. We are looking for a talented professional with experience in writing, blogging, editing and tweeting. Being bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least three to five years of professional media experience;
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related topic;
- Is good at meeting deadlines and multitasking, and can work in a fast-paced environment;
- Is comfortable interviewing top-level business executives;
- Is a fast learner who can write and edit content for a variety of market segments, including foodservice, manufacturing and construction;
- Is well-versed in Word, Quark and Excel and is social media-proficient; and
- Has a positive, hard-working attitude.
This full-time editor will be based in the Chicago Loop, with the opportunity to telecommute part-time. The editor will work on several of our media properties, including Retail Merchandiser (retail-merchandiser.com) and Food & Drink (fooddrink-magazine.com). This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to play an important role in a growing business.
For consideration, please submit resume, published writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Editor – Chicago in the subject line of your email.