Copy Editor – HotelNewsNow.com
HotelNewsNow.com, an award-winning online platform covering the gobal hotel industry, is seeking an full-time Copy Editor. The Copy Editor is responsible for driving a consistent style for HotelNewsNow.com and its family of websites and newsletters; polishing content to make it readable, enticing and befitting a Web-based platform; fact-checking articles; punching holes in stores as needed; ensuring punchy, active headlines are used on all content; and maintaining the site’s ever-evolving network of columnists.
The full-time position will be based in HotelNewsNow.com’s offices in downtown Rocky River, Ohio. Salary range of $30,000 to $35,000 based on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- College degree
- 3-5 years experience in journalism, communications or a related field
- At least 2 years copy editing experience
- College degree from a four-year journalism or communications program
- Experience developing and maintaining style books
- Experience producing bylined news articles
- Copy editing experience in B2B
- Copy editing experience for daily news cycle
- Copy editing experience for online publications
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge and familiarity with AP Style
- Experience editing articles for grammar, spelling and style
- Experience editing articles to identify holes in reporting, inconsistencies, etc.
- Experience crafting attention-grabbing headlines and summaries