Vertical Health Media is seeking a Healthcare Writer to join its dedicated team in the western suburbs of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing medical media company. Our mission is to provide both patients and healthcare professionals with accurate, timely, and straightforward information. The Healthcare Writer would write, edit, and proof content for our various consumer medical sites. Vertical Health Media is looking for an individual with previous professional writing experience.
As a Healthcare Writer, you will be writing for our various consumer medical sites. Part of the writing process will include extensive research and working closely with our Editorial Board of medical professionals.
Additional responsibilities for the Healthcare Writer:
- Organizing material and completing writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Editing, standardizing, or making changes to material prepared by other writers or medical professionals
- Assisting with content planning and proactively suggesting new content that will engage and educate our audience
- Ensuring all content is optimized for the web
As a Healthcare Writer, you must have strong research skills and the ability to convey complex topics in an engaging style. You will need to provide writing samples as part of the application process.
Additional requirements for the Healthcare Writer include:
- At least 3 years of professional writing experience (web-based and medical writing experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and SEO a plus
- A 4-year degree is required (Bachelor’s in Science or English, preferably)
- Versatility and ability to change topics and priorities quickly
- Highly intelligent, articulate, and efficient—with a passion for writing
Interested candidates should contact:
Vertical Health Media
2150 Manchester Road Suite 210
Wheaton, IL 60187