ASBPE’s 2022 Azbee Awards of Excellence competition is now open for submissions. These highly competitive editorial and design awards celebrate the highest quality reporting, editing and design in business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications across all platforms, including magazines, newspapers, e-newsletters, websites and social media.
Enter before the early bird deadline on Sunday, Dec. 12, at 11:59 p.m. ET to save $30 per entry. All entries must be submitted by Monday, Jan. 10, 2022, at 4 p.m. ET.
The Azbee Awards feature 65 categories, across five divisions. This year’s competition features a few new categories, including:
- Best Use of Color: This Design category will showcase mastery of color theory in a single article.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: A new category in the All Content division, this award will look at how publications covered DE&I issues for their industries.
- State of the Industry: By judge request, the Azbees will recognize State of the Industry reporting in both Print and Online divisions.
- Digital Magazine of the Year: This is a new addition to the Overall Excellence division and recognizes fully digital magazines.
Check out in-depth descriptions of all the Azbee Award categories along with everything you need to know in order to submit your entries via ASBPE’s online platform. Ensure your free ASBPE membership is up to date in order to submit your entries with the member discount.
ASBPE awards several other special editorial awards, fellowships and scholarships, including:
- Young Leaders Scholarships: These allow young B2B professionals to attend the ASBPE national conference to learn new skills. To apply for the scholarship, which is supported by the ASBPE Foundation, complete an online application by Feb. 4, 2022. All applicants must be 30 years old or younger, have spent at least two years in B2B media and plan to continue in it as a career. Reach out to Amy Fischbach, president of the ASBPE Foundation, for more information and visit the website to fill out an application.
- Diversity Fellowship: This is awarded to minority or underserved B2B professionals to participate in various ASBPE activities and events throughout the year, with the goal of raising awareness among all voices in B2B journalism. Stay tuned for additional information and application guidelines in the coming months.
- Journalism That Matters Award: This award recognizes the kind of business reporting that results in a material impact on the industry or profession the publication covers. Since its inception in 2008, ASBPE has recognized three publications for that type of consequential, cause-and-effect journalism in their industries. If you or a colleague produced Journalism That Matters in 2021, please complete the online nomination form by Feb. 18, 2022.
ASBPE also wants to encourage all B2B professionals to take part in judging the Azbee Awards. Each submission goes through a rigorous, multi-step judging process that requires multiple reviewers. The time commitment is low and the payoff is large for judges. Judging does not preclude individuals or their publications from entering awards. Learn more about judging the Azbees and sign up by Dec. 12.