ASBPE 2018 National Conference, Call for Speakers!
The American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) is excited to announce that our 2018 national B2B Media Success Conference and Awards Banquet will be held at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., for the first time ever, on May 10-11. As always, the gathering will feature cutting-edge training and issue panels as well as a fun evening of fellowship to honor the national winners in the Azbee Awards of Excellence.
ASBPE is currently inviting potential speakers to submit proposals. If you are an expert on any of the following topics, we’d love to hear from you:
- Business journalism in the age of Trump
- Covering the federal bureaucracy, current challenges and opportunities
- Freedom of Information Act in B2B
- Multimedia storytelling – webcasts, video, new platforms
- Social media in B2B, best practices and new approaches
- Data journalism
- Analytics and SEO
- Artificial intelligence in business journalism
- B2B journalism career outlook
- Freelancer relations – recruiting the best and retaining them
- Price discovery, business intelligence, enterprise beyond the press release
- Current ethics dilemmas in B2B
- Coverage of conferences, maximizing the potential
- Coverage of conferences, ethics
- Innovative reporting, editing or design ideas for B2B
- Publishers panel – invite your publishers to discuss B2B business conditions and what they need from the modern editor
- Your ideas?
Please note that ASBPE’s regular feature, The Ethics Roundtable, will return in 2018 after a one-year absence. Ethics-related speakers may prefer either to propose a standalone presentation that would precede the Ethics Roundtable, or instead participate in the roundtable panel itself – or both.
To submit a proposal, please email a one-page summary, explaining the subject matter and how the talk may be structured, to Rob Freedman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Monday, Jan. 8.
An advanced audio/visual system is available at the National Press Club, and most overhead or slide software can be accommodated.
Much more on the 2018 B2B Media Success Conference is coming soon! Did you know that the Azbee Awards program is underway now? Click here to participate.
If you have expertise in reporting, editing, design, multimedia storytelling or social media, why not volunteer to serve as an Azbees judge?