We want you — to speak!
ASBPE is accepting speaking proposals for our 2016 National Conference. We’ll be kickin’ it at the Poynter Institute this year, and we’d love for you to join us.
If you have expertise in a certain area and would like to be considered, please fill out our proposal submission form with your session idea. Feel free to submit multiple times if you have lots of ideas!
The Poynter Institute
St. Petersburg, Florida
Thursday, July 21 to Friday, July 22, 2016
Deadline to submit proposals
Wednesday, March 23, 2016Submit Proposal
What’s in it for you?
Those selected to speak will receive:
- Our undying love and gratitude
- One complimentary registration to the conference
- An invitation to blog on ASBPE.org about your topic in advance of the conference
- Recognition in printed and digital conference marketing materials
What are our goals for the conference?
We’re kickin’ it up a notch this year. We have two goals for all our attendees:
- To leave with three initiatives you can implement for your publication or website within three months
- To connect with three new people for future collaboration
In your proposal, please be sure to explain how you’ll help us to advance those goals!
What kind of sessions do we prefer?
Our past ASBPE conference attendees tell us they want to attend sessions that:
- Are relevant and timely
- Include interactive learning styles that involve audience participation or collaboration
- Provide how-to’s and real-world applications
What topics are we looking for?
Topics of interest to ASBPE’s Education Committee include the following, but feel free to submit other ideas as well!
- B2B reporting
- Interviewing skills
- Digital storytelling, technologies, and apps
- New revenue-driving initiatives for B2B editors
- How-to clinics for developing podcasts, video, interactive elements
- Creating multi-platform content
- Content marketing for B2B pubs
- Freelancer relations
- B2B journalism ethics
- Native advertising in B2B
- E-mail newsletter best practices
- Social media for the B2B publication
- Software- and systems-based training for editors