Save the date: Kansas City Boot Camp to be held October 1
On Tuesday, Oct. 1, the Kansas City Chapter of ASBPE will host a half-day boot camp. The event will be held from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Kansas City Public Library, Plaza Branch, followed by an optional lunch.
The 2013 Boot Camp will kick off with a keynote presentation, Transitioning from Print to Digital, by Carlos Lugo, senior director of production for Penton Media. Lugo, who has more than 30 years of production operations experience, has helped transition organizations from print to digital. At Penton Media, he is responsible for print production and operation groups as well as for digital edition production operations for all of Penton. He will address:
- The key benefits of offering digital editions
- Generating revenue with digital editions
- Designing digital editions that work
- Case studies of Penton digital editions
In addition, James Hopper, chair of Web and Digital Communications at Johnson County Community College, will present Digital Storytelling. Hopper, a graduate of KU with a BA and MS in Journalism and Mass Communication, has taught at JCCC for more than 15 years. He will address:
- How media, technology and access to the digital world have emerged and transformed our professional and personal lives.
- What opportunities the digital world provides to engage users and connect with them.
- How to marry technology and storytelling through digital storytelling.
Registration is $75 for members and $100 for non-members. Stay tuned for further details on the program and speakers. Registration will open in July. If you have any questions, please contact KC Chapter President Danica Tormohlen at 816-803-8103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.