Lionheart Publishing is in search of a highly focused, senior-level editor to manage a monthly association magazine. A qualifying candidate would possess 8 – 10 years of experience as an editor, senior editor or managing editor in the magazine industry. Knowledge of addressing a digital audience is necessary, including writing for blogs, websites and social media platforms. A background in construction writing and editing is a plus.
• Produce 12 issues per year of a magazine targeting masonry industry contractors, executives, architects and engineers
• Meet monthly and weekly deadlines for print and digital
• Plan content and collaborate with sales to create a media kit and an editorial calendar annually
• Create a monthly eNewsletter
• Edit and co-create eBlasts
• Coordinate photos, graphs, charts and other support materials for articles and online posts
• Write articles for print, eNews, social media platforms and the web
• Working knowledge of SEO and keyword practices
• Manage free-lance writers and a free-lance budget
• Edit and prepare all content, including the generation of original and compiled content monthly
• Attend national trade shows and industry meetings
• Work closely with art director on look and feel of the magazine
• Work closely with IT in regard to website and SEO efforts
• Must have 8 – 10 years of experience in publishing a an editor, senior editor or managing editor
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently and meet multiple deadlines per month
• Ability to manage all aspects of the magazine publishing process
• Excellent command of both writing and editing for print and digital
• Comfortable and competent in a B2B and/or trade publishing environment
• Proficient in proofreading techniques and writing guidelines
• Experienced at writing for both web and social media platforms
• High editing expertise in magazine articles, online content and news
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a casual business workplace.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Pamela Miller at email@example.com.