Legaltech News produces a website, updated daily, and a monthly magazine in New York, New York. We’re a group of dedicated, experienced professionals who know our beat inside out, and produce insightful and engaging content our readers need. We’ve won multiple awards, and are a collegial group of reporters, editors, and artists who work collaboratively.
- Produce breaking news stories under real-time deadline pressure, ensuring they are clear and comprehensive
- Conduct in-person and telephone interviews with sources
- Develop relationships with the appropriate contacts and firms in the market
- Report on and write stories related to legal technology
- Must have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with long-term features, while also scoring scoops on the beat
- 2-3 years experience in magazine/newspaper/journalism writing on deadline, preferred
- Must be able to write clearly, engagingly and authoritatively—and on a deadline
- Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with key contacts
- Strong reporting and writing skills are a must
- Must be versatile and work as a team player
- Strong critical thinking, editing and proofreading skills for both print and online content
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage, AP style experience preferred
- Strong organization, time-management, decision-making, attention to detail and interpersonal skills necessary
- SEO/SMO skills
Please click here to fill out an application. Include at least 3 writing samples/clips with your application.