Can you talk to and write about healthcare executives? Can you work across print, digital, and live media? HealthLeaders Media produces outstanding B2B healthcare publications and events, and we’re seeking outstanding journalists to join our editorial team.
An Editor is one of the main writers for HealthLeaders Media publications. We’re looking for the best people anywhere in the country who are fascinated by what’s happening in healthcare today and eager to cultivate sources among the people closest to the action: top executives of healthcare organizations. If the duties and responsibilities listed below inspire and challenge you, we want to hear from you.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the healthcare industry and cultivate relationships with healthcare executives. Prior work for B2B healthcare publications is strongly preferred.
- Write frequent news and news analysis articles for HealthLeadersMedia.com.
- Write a weekly column (on an assigned topic) that speaks to the big concerns of a healthcare business audience.
- Work collaboratively with team members across different media to produce high-quality, insightful publications and events.
- Recruit and moderate live webcasts with healthcare leaders.
- Adhere to journalism ethics and high standards for quality.
- A minimum of 2-5 years journalism experience is required, with a strong background in developing and pitching story ideas, interviewing/reporting, and writing multiple types of articles. Prior work for B2B publications is preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required. Must demonstrate outstanding writing ability.
- Multimedia journalism skills are required.
- Project management skills and an ability to juggle deadlines are essential for success.
- Collegiality, positive energy, and a good attitude are essential for success.
Location: We have offices in Danvers, MA and Brentwood, TN or work remotely from anywhere in the US.
Our hiring process includes a post-offer drug test and criminal check for candidates who are offered a position. Qualified candidates apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org! BLR® is an EEO employer.