The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. We are currently seeking an Associate Editor for Health Facilities Management magazine, Health Forum in our Chicago office.
The position will organize and create content for the Health Facilities Management (HFM) brand, a publication dedicated to the design, construction, engineering and facilities operations for US hospital and health systems. Key responsibilities include acquiring and editing features with the lead editor, organizing and writing department sections, playing a lead role in social media efforts and web strategy implementation, and comfortably representing the publication and larger association with readers, the supply community and the health care industry in general.
- Monthly writing, editing and posting content for print, web and e-newsletters, all with a focus on SEO: Acquire and edit one feature article per month for the website; edit, import and gather art and credits for minimum of two features per month for print; assist in proofreading all HFM-related content.
- Represent the publication by attending conferences and trade shows, publication education events, supplier meetings with sales reps, internal groups within the organization, and key industry leaders and editorial contributors.
- Organize and write monthly product section, communicating with sales team on target accounts; and acquire and edit monthly photo feature page, communicating with architecture firms to find the best projects.
- Play a lead role in social media and multimedia efforts: Contribute to Twitter feed each day, help coordinate monthly enewsletters and help develop other social media outlets; assist on development and upkeep of the HFM website and any digital custom projects that are assigned to the publication; conduct video or other media interviews, edit and posting.
- Help the lead editor keep the publication and all its digital offshoots on schedule and up to a high standard of quality.
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism, English or Writing.
- 1-2 years magazine, journal or newspaper publishing.
- Search engine optimization and social media experience required.
- Experience or keen interest in design, engineering, architecture or work experience in a regulated industry segment.
- Video interview experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of modern day publishing; print, digital, including web, mobile, social, etc.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HMO), vision care, life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, wellness programs and more!
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (312) 422-3000 and ask for the Director, Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The AHA participates in the E-Verify Program.
Interested candidates should please apply online here: https://rew31.ultipro.com/