Imagination Publishing, located in Chicago, IL, seeks a Senior Editor. The Senior Editor is a journalistic jack-of-all-trades with proven success in content strategy, as well as managing, writing and editing content across multiple platforms. The Sr. Editor is highly skilled in long-form editing, comfortable doing both big-picture reads and detailed copyediting on complex topics. The Sr. Editor will also create story ideas and collaborate on overall publication, website and digital asset direction.
The Editor will work on a team of editorial specialists to provide editing and writing assistance on a variety of content pieces, and channels, including print, digital and broadcast.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding writing and reporting abilities, and experience editing for content, scope, flow, style and adherence to quality standards. Prior experience working on a business publication or newspaper features desk strongly preferred. Familiarity with emerging technology and current knowledge of trends and innovations in digital media a plus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage a large amount of copy for several platforms, and keep a detailed record of copy coming in from various freelancers and in-house writers.
- Conceptualize, manage, write and edit content for features and departments.
- Collaborate with the team to develop story ideas and editorial calendars that meet client needs.
- Calmly and diligently juggle multiple, results-oriented initiatives under tight turnarounds.
- Research complex subjects and write copy tailored to a target audience (i.e. technical and business writing).
- Lead and delegate to junior team members, including associate editors, interns and writers.
- Lead editing process for various publications or projects, shifting seamlessly between big picture and copy edits.
- Collaborate with content, digital and broadcast teams to write and edit copy for web, video and social media projects as needed.
Imagination is an EOE. Interested candidates should apply here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IMAGINEPUB&cws=1&rid=172