Founded in 1999, QuinStreet, Inc. (QNST) is the leader in vertical media and marketing online, consistently delivering the right leads at the right volume to thousands of industry-leading clients and business brands. The company’s full-service approach combines direct marketing expertise, vast search and media reach, and industry-leading technologies to deliver dramatically improved results for clients. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.
QuinStreet is seeking a talented, experienced Editor to lead, enhance and promote its award-winning CIO Insight brand, which has been serving IT leaders since 2001. The chosen editor will have an opportunity to develop a community section that draws a growing number of technology executives to the site, while creating a compelling editorial calendar that encompasses the technologies that are essential to CIOs. The successful applicant will report to the editorial director. This position preferably will be based in our New York office, but it could be remote.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, developers and other editors with the goal of continually improving CIO Insight
- Expand the stable of contributing writers, especially IT executives and analysts
- Assign articles, edit content and post in the CMS
- Write new blogs and stories weekly
- Write and produce the daily CIO Insight newsletters
- Interact daily with social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+) to promote the brand
- Monitor site traffic and follow SEO best practices
- Attend and participate in industry events
- Manage freelance budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or English
- At least 8 years of experience writing and editing enterprise technology content
- Experience implementing editorial strategies and overseeing content production
- Experience writing executive-level tech content, and assigning and editing freelance stories
- Experience building relationships with CIOs and developing a community section of a site
- Experience creating new site features and content
- Knowledge of how analytics data can be used to improve traffic, clicks and conversion
- Experience acting as a brand spokesperson at industry events
Equal Opportunity Employer
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.