Putman Media, a privately held media firm with 75 years of experience serving the manufacturing communities, has an opportunity for a Food & Beverage Industry Editor. We’re looking for a product development editor to join our existing team of subject matter experts who will create content for Food Processing’s print magazine, website, and our events and conferences in the food industry.
In this role, you will:
- Write product development features and columns for print and online and events
- Develop and curate content in order to build global audience engagement in the food industry
- Work with other Food Processing editors to evaluate reader and audience needs and preferences, ensuring content meets those goals
- Write original content for the website and Food Leaders Summit event, update home pages daily with the editorial team of subject matter experts
- Write content and manage the digital marketing campaigns to promote the Food Leaders Summit, using e-mail blasts, website management, printed materials, other Putman events, social media, and other marketing vehicles
- Work with the events team to develop conference content as well as recruit speakers
- Market to Food Processing’s strategic partners for the sole purpose of event awareness, exhibitor sales and attendee acquisition
- Represent the brand at industry events, conferences, advertiser visits, etc. and discover new content
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as an editor in the food & beverage industry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task, self-motivated, proactive and driven to achieve results
- Proficient in MS Office and social media platforms , content management systems, SEO best practices, and other digital media tools and standards
- Familiarity with food industry and its related fields of healthy foods and beverages, culinary art, and food sciences
Putman Media is a privately held B2B media firm with 75 years of experience serving the manufacturing communities. Our clients often describe us as fast, flexible and smart. This is a reflection of the fact that we attract very capable people who are entrepreneurs at heart and love what they do. Putman is made up of about 70 people who are empowered to act quickly, do what it takes to satisfy the client and create great media products and services.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), vacation, tuition reimbursement, health club membership, summer hours, flexible work schedules, and a casual and fun work environment! For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume with writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.