Moose River Media, an integrated business-to-business media company, provides leading magazines, directories, industry guides, marketing services and online community forums to the agriculture and landscaping sectors. Recently, Moose River Media (MRM) was acquired by Grand View Media Group, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
MRM is in search of an experienced Editor for print magazine and online media outlets in the tree services industry. This person will also assist on our magazine that covers the sports field industry. The Editor provides overall direction for editorial content, photography and graphics. Position requires ongoing communication with editorial director, associate publisher and industry leadership.
Grand View Media Group is a fast-paced, multi-platform publishing company committed to our customers and our employees. We’re looking for professionals who want to contribute their knowledge and talents to creating lifetime relationships with our customers while helping to create a positive and productive atmosphere in which to work.
- Develop and execute the editorial mission of the print magazine, corresponding website and online products.
- Research and write news and feature stories as well as magazine’s lead editorial for print and online.
- Post daily updates on website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Develop content for e-Newsletters, podcasts, online products, calendar and polls, Bulletin Board and fulfill other online duties as they evolve.
- Write news and feature articles for publication in both print and online.
- Perform frequent phone and email interviews for articles, news and departments.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in both print and online.
- Assist in magazine production.
- Travel to industry events.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications, or English.
- 5 years editorial experience in publishing print and online publications
- Experience working with a Mac and InDesign.
- Experience working with Social Media platforms such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Applicants must apply online through the company’s job board here: http://www.ebscoind.com/EBSCOCareers.asp, Job Code 6148.