Vendome Healthcare Media (part of Vendome Group, LLC) in downtown Cleveland is immediately hiring an Associate Editor for its Behavioral Healthcare publications. The Associate Editor will assist in the coordination of the editorial, art, and production workflow and in planning the content and layout.
The Associate Editor will be asked to: conduct research, write copy, track copy and graphic material, copy edit, proofread, oversee special projects, follow publication standards and policies, and ensure content is factual and grammatically correct.
The Associate Editor will act as a representative of the publications within the industry.
Key areas of responsibility
- Regularly confers with editor-in-chief and other staff members to formulate publication strategies, plan production, and discuss topics for self-generated articles and other projects.
- Assists in coordinating the editorial workflow, quality control, and shipping processes for assigned publications, supplements, and other special projects.
- Is cognizant of reader and advertiser needs and works in partnership with sales staff to meet both sets of needs without compromising editorial integrity.
- Conducts research; copyedits manuscripts as needed; proofreads prepared galleys of text and figures; writes columns, articles, product and literature sections, news, and miscellaneous copy as appropriate; participates in monthly quality checks prior to shipping;
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of industry trends, competitive environment, and editorial vision.
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
- Participates in reader and industry research, keeping abreast and ahead of anticipated market needs and changes, and works with editorial staff to adjust strategy of publication(s) accordingly.
- Attends industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the publication and the Company as required.
- College Degree
- 2-3 years Journalism/editorial experience
- Knowledge of basic HTML, and InCopy
- Keen writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills
- Good organizational skills
- Adept communication skills
- B2B experience a plus
Interested candidates should submit a one-page resume accompanied by a cover letter that includes salary requirements to Jean Marie Smith: JMSmith@vendomegrp.com.
Vendome Group is an equal opportunity employer.