The Beverage Information Group in Norwalk, CT is seeking a Managing Editor to work on three trade publications and associated digital products. The job includes a mix of researching, reporting, assigning, writing and editing news and feature articles, product reviews, and other print and Web content. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are required.
The candidate must have 2-5 years experience as an editor, or a demonstrated level of comparable maturity. A degree in communications, journalism or related field is required. Experience creating online content and engaging with audiences through social media is required. Familiarity with the beverage alcohol industry is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Content planning and execution across publishing platforms, including the establishment of objectives, priorities and deadlines.
- Working with contributors and freelance resources, both internal and external.
- Approving the look of brand materials for consistency – including voice, design and interfaces.
- Assisting other group editors with the creation and management of print and online content.
- Participating in all stages of the editorial process, from the creation of editorial calendars to final page approvals.
- Completing special projects related to the beverage group’s brands, including the creation of promotional materials, as assigned.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. Candidates must also be willing to travel occasionally to trade shows and other industry events.
Please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to Jeremy Nedelka, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.