Freelance Specialist Editors – Cactus Communications Inc.
Cactus Communications, Inc. employs a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist contractual copyeditors and substantive editors.
Why this is a great opportunity
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Compensation of USD 15–30 per hour, based on service, quality, and speed
- Performance-based bonuses of up to 25% and assurance of regular work for high-quality editors
- Learning opportunities and regular feedback on your assignments
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- A Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences and engineering, healthcare, life sciences, medicine and surgery, and social sciences [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications Inc. is based in Philadelphia, USA, and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
Please click on the apply link on the following page to fill in our application form: https://cactus.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0o3g/?goto_appform=true
Detailed subject-area list
- Physical sciences: Engineering (all disciplines), Biomechanics, Controls and Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Water Science & Engineering, Nature & Landscape Conversation, Pollution, Environmental Engineering, Nuclear Energy, Nuclear/Polymer Chemistry, Physical/ Computational Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing, Climate Science, Earth Sciences
- Healthcare: Cardiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Chemotherapy, Plastic Surgery, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Diabetes Research, Radiotherapy Planning
- Life sciences: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
- Medicine: Anatomy, Endocrinology, Dentistry, Radiology, Surgery, Medicine, Ophthalmology
- Social sciences: Economics and Statistics (TEX editors), Psychology, Biopsychology, Healthcare, Education, Linguistics, Literature, Archeology, Environmental Studies, Organizational Behavior, Business, and Finance