Digital Content Editor – Putman Media
Do you have experience building traffic and growing an online audience? If you are a creative thinker who can decipher key industry trends and translate them into actionable digital content, please continue reading.
Putman Media is looking for a Digital Content Editor who will be the key web editor for ControlDesign.com and lead the charge to make this site the preferred destination for its community. You will be adept at audience development and will champion the brand’s presence across online, mobile, and social media channels.
- Oversee the creation, production, and curation of content on ControlDesign.com with a keen sense of connection with and engaging the automation community.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to produce original digital content and ongoing features around an editorial calendar.
- Create and deploy daily e-newsletters and maintain a monthly e-newsletter schedule.
- Manage the brand’s social media presence across various social media platforms.
- Contribute to the growth and development of new and improved website features, and increase traffic to ControlDesign.com. Use site metrics and measure the effectiveness of site pages and new content and features. Implement SEO-driving strategies.
- Manage daily updates to ControlDesign.com.
- Develop new digital strategies to help our sales team achieve their digital revenue targets.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- BA in journalism, English, digital media
- 5+ years experience in web content development and journalism, preferably in a b-to-b environment
- Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, excellent project and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML and the ability to manipulate raw HTML code, content management systems, SEO best practices, and other digital media tools and standards.
- Familiarity with template construction with an ability to code landing pages, utilize CMS tools, proofread copy, and recommend best practices
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with how social media and trade media interact
Located in Schaumburg, IL, we are a privately held B2B media firm with 70 years of experience serving the manufacturing communities. Our clients often describe us as fast, flexible and smart. This is a reflection of the fact that we attract very capable people who are entrepreneurs at heart and love what they do. Putman is made up of about 70 people who are empowered to act quickly, do what it takes to satisfy the client and create great media products and services.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k), vacation, tuition reimbursement, health club membership, summer hours, flexible work schedules, and a casual and fun work environment!
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.