Investment Communications Editor
Philadelphia, PA , Cleveland, OH
For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America’s most respected banks, because we’re committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that’s been selected as a “Great Place To Work” by Gallup.
As an Editor within Investment Strategy & Services (“IS&S”), a part of PNC Asset Management Group, you will be part of a successful and growing organization. You will be based in Philadelphia, PA or in Cleveland, OH. Your hours will generally be Monday – Friday 8am- 5pm although flexibility is necessary. Within the day there will be a wide variety of activities that are set by your responsibilities, department protocol, market, and business activities.
In this position you will produce investment communications to provide PNC service partners with the necessary information to fulfill their responsibilities within financial and investment planning and to adequately communicate PNC’s investment process to clients. These investment communications allow PNC’s client facing service partners to explain and promote PNC’s depth of knowledge, experience, programs, and perspectives without having to develop such investment communications on their own, allowing them to devote their time and efforts more fully to supporting their primary functions of client support and investment and portfolio administration.
- Copy and line edit investment communications to maximize their effectiveness and minimize business and regulatory risk. Coordinate creation of charts and other graphic representations in line with brand and department guidelines. Produce and distribute investment communications, integrating the work of content providers, graphic artists, layout designer, IT, IS&S, compliance, and legal
- Understand and enforce department guidelines to produce investment communications. Follow and enforce established standards, educate content experts and preparers of necessary procedures, assure compliance/legal review
- In concert with content contributors, re-purpose long-form investment communications for various distribution methods
- Understand and use copy, brand, graphics, and layout style guides and educational materials on plagiarism, levels of editing, and production schedules and procedures in the production of investment communications
- Work closely with service partners and vendors that support, produce, process, and distribute investment communications to ensure timely, accurate, compliant, brand appropriate investment communications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A BA or BS in English or Journalism preferred
- 5 years progressive experience as a copy editor and production editor, preferably in financial services
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications, computer savvy, decision making, problem solving, flexibility, influence, persuasiveness, negotiation, planning, prioritization goal setting.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in conflict.
- Some writers are initially resistant to editing – patience firmness and persistence are required to ensure the quality of the final product.
To learn more, visit www.pnc.jobs and search by keyword ‘178448’.
PNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation