Content Managing Editor – Advanstar Communications
Dealernews, the largest business media brand in the powersports industry, seeks to hire a Managing Editor of Content. Dealernews is a member of the Advanstar Powersports Group, which includes the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows and the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo.
The Managing Editor will be responsible for creating and preparing editorial content for the brand’s highly successful online and print media channels, including the monthly magazine, daily news on Dealernews.com, and the DealerNEWS ALERT family of e-newsletters. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and editing editorial submissions across various platforms and from a number of internal and freelance sources
- Daily reporting of news, new product introductions, and other stories
- Working closely with the Content Director to generate and execute editorial projects and internal programs to further best practices
- Working closely with the Creative Director on templates, style guides and other tools
- Daily engagement with the powersports industry in general and the dealer/retailer network in particular through various communications channels, including social media
Candidates should have a college degree in journalism, English and/or a related field with at least three years of reporting and editing experience with print and online properties. A passion for motorcycles, ATVs and/or other powersports fields is required; retail and/or industry experience a plus. Dealernews seeks experienced riders with a keen interest in the business side of the industry.
This position requires great attention to detail along with the ability to multitask. Candidates must have excellent communications skills to work and thrive within a virtual team environment. The position is based in North Olmsted, OH. Some travel required.
We are a dynamic, achievement-based environment offering a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, LTD, 401K and more. Check us out at www.advanstar.com.