The B2B publisher of Long-Term Living, the industry-leading source of practical information for owners, executives, administrators and caregivers at long-term and post-acute care facilities and communities, is looking for a web-savvy, senior-level editor with excellent reporting and writing skills.
Responsibilities for the Cleveland-based position include:
- Managing a healthy writing workload to produce content for the publication, its website, supplements and other revenue-producing ventures. Includes daily, weekly and monthly story deadlines.
- Posting/linking all daily website content on multiple social media forms
- Researching and identifying major news and trends pertinent to our audience, developing article ideas based on research and working with the editorial team to develop editorial calendars and other strategic plans.
- Tracking copy through all stages of the editing and production process for assigned stories, including acquiring artwork/photos and any related contracts.
- Overseeing editorial sections of the magazine, the website, or other special projects in their entirety—including finding story ideas, assigning them as necessary, editing copy and all other related duties—as directed by Editor-in-Chief.
- Following publication standards and policies and assisting in ensuring that all content is factual and grammatically correct.
- Representing the brand at industry events, including (but not limited to) attending industry trade shows, moderating webinars and in-person educational sessions and preparing and delivering relevant presentations at other industry events as required by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Impeccable writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced, digital media environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- College degree in journalism, English, communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ journalism/editorial experience in the B2B space, preferably covering healthcare.
- Some knowledge of basic HTML and InCopy.
- Experience working with social media, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Salary: Competitive, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Editorial candidates must:
- Complete the online survey at https://s.zoomerang.com/s/Healthcare-LTL.
- Send a resume, salary requirements and three to five bylined and professionally published writing samples as attachments or links to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be required to complete a computer-based copy editing and writing test.
No phone calls, please.
Vendome is an Equal Opportunity Employer.