Seeking a well-rounded, organized staff editor to contribute to the print and digital editorial strategies for a trade publishing group covering the international hotel and hospitality industry. Key responsibilities include managing editorial and production schedules across various platforms; generating content ideas for print and Web, and managing daily editorial content development activities that may include writing and/or editing on various levels. Strong copyediting and organizational skills, attention to detail and production experience a must.
The Staff Editor
- Must be a multi-tasker who can perform well under deadline pressure and successfully plan, meet and enforce deadlines.
- Has excellent copyediting skills in print and online.
- Is organized and detail-oriented, a self-starter capable of demonstrating outstanding news judgment.
- Has a solid, working knowledge of the nuts and bolts of both print and digital publishing, including editing for print as well as running content management systems and using optimization techniques and performance metrics for digital features.
- Works closely with the editor in chief to manage the copy flow across all platforms, including conducting reader research, managing freelancers and contributors and maintaining schedules.
- Regularly develops his or her own & assigned news and feature stories for print and online. • Position may include covering a beat and/or specific subject area.
Individual must have a high degree of interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as writing, editing, interviewing and managerial skills. Candidate must be skilled in all print and digital media platforms including (but not limited to) Mac OS, online survey programs, content-management systems, Google Drive, InDesign, print magazine layout & production and more. Creativity, enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team a must. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated print production/managing editor-type experience.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in journalism.
- First-rate published clips and a minimum of three years’ experience in writing, editing and publishing are needed.
- Daily newspaper background a plus.
Please send salary requirements with cover letter, resume, and clips or links to clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary requirements must be stated in correspondence. Those that do not state salary requirements will not be considered.