Job Description And Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility is to develop, write and solicit written and video content for No-Till Farmer and other related publications and web sites. This position requires regular writing, video and photography assignments, editing, and proofing of various manuscripts and other written materials.
• Must have the ability to learn, understand and communicate technical information to readers about progressive, innovative farming practices. Candidate must have a passion for developing “meaty” content with depth.
• This individual will play a key role in all aspects of the development of high-quality content through copy editing, and both learning and supervising the production tasks of publishing.
• College degree in journalism or related field
• Background in crop-production agriculture a plus
• Prefer candidate to be a recent graduate or individual with 2-3 years experience in the industry
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills
• Strong writer
• Experience with social networking and its importance in today’s media.
• Digital video experience a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to consistently meet deadlines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
• Fast learner, extremely meticulous, independent and self-directed
• Travel required to various equipment shows, conferences and farms
• Competitive compensation package, salary
• Benefits include health, dental, Simple IRA match, annual profit sharing and summer hours schedule
• Some relocation available
• No third-party applications
Interested candidates should contact John Dobberstein.