Foreign Exchange Translations, San Jose, California
Primarily responsible for supporting packaging and labeling content development using the (DITA) XML standard within a major global medical device company. Other responsibilities will include ensuring adherence to the DITA tagging standards and authoring guidelines, helping to establish best practices, supporting the company’s shift to structured authoring and Content Management System implementation.
- Assist with migration of packaging and labeling content into Content Management System, using the DITA standard.
- Collect inputs from cross-functional teams for the development of packaging and labeling deliverables.
- Edit technical content for packaging and labeling deliverables.
- Support the development and implementation of content reuse strategies and best practices.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather feedback and align technical content with product development cycle and intended use.
- Coordinate technical writing and desktop publishing efforts with internal staff and external suppliers.
- Assist with the implementation of standards and consistency of writing both internally & externally.
- Assist with development of structured authoring skill set within labeling department.
- Collaborate with Content Management team to execute tasks required to deploy structured authoring and Content Management System, in alignment with implementation strategy.
- BA/BS or related field experience
- Experience working in a healthcare regulated environment
- Experience working on products regulated by FDA QSR, design controls, and ISO13485
- Advanced proficiency in XML
- Familiarity with the DITA standard, preferably hands-on experience
- Firm understanding of how to create specialized DITA topics (task, concept, reference) and how to add metadata
- Firm understanding of how to build DITA maps and bookmaps
- Firm understanding of minimalist writing principles and data typing
- Experience with common XML authoring tools such as Oxygen, XMetaL, Arbortext, etc.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
Contact: Human Resources, Foreign Exchange Translations