Insurance Networking News, a SourceMedia publication, is a trusted source for information on how technology is being implemented to support insurers’ strategic business objectives. We provide insightful analysis of—and case studies on—how technology is being innovatively utilized to automate critical processes. Our readers rely on carefully researched content that is both engaging and analytical.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Managing Editor in our Chicago office. In this role, the Managing Editor will be responsible for staying abreast of important insurance industry developments and will function as a resource and facilitator for media and reader inquiries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing positive and enduring working relationships with analysts, freelancers, readers and vendors (sources).
- Manage the entire print production process, including but not limited to coordinating and leading art direction and content planning meetings, working with EIC to create print publication roadmap and determine story placement, space concerns and alternative ideas for placement. Make final corrections from EIC. With EIC, inspect and approve final pages.
- Work with EIC to create monthly website editorial calendars, oversee daily Web content and ensure that the INN editors adhere to deadlines.
- Work with editorial staff to find and collect content for print and Web.
- Assign and manage freelancers.
- Serve as Copyeditor #2 all content related to print publication, including freelance, contributed and staff-written articles.
- Track and maintain editorial planners, including article status, due dates, writers, submission size, story elements, etc., for print and Web.
- As schedule permits, research and write one feature per month for inclusion in the print publication.
- Research, write and edit one short news article per day or as needed for inclusion on the INN website. Coordinate with associate editor on daily e-newsletter to determine topics posted that lend themselves to trend pieces.
- As a member of the INN editorial team, participate in other forms of trade publishing media, including, but not limited to: Web Seminars, videos, blogs, podcasts, slideshows, etc.
- Represent INN at various industry meetings and conferences and when applicable, provide onsite news reporting.
- Other responsibilities on a one-time or ongoing basis as assigned by the EIC.
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years editorial experience in a business-to-business publishing setting
- Solid reporting and editing skills
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Experience with desktop publishing software, ideally in Adobe InDesign Suite (InCopy)
- Financial services industry and/or technology background preferred
- College degree in journalism, English or a related field
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership. For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: INNjobs@sourcemedia.com
SourceMedia is a leading provider of information, data and software tools for professionals in the financial services and related technologies markets. Our network of 2.5 million subscribers, attendees, exhibitors and advertisers count on our people and our products for authoritative and timely industry information, analysis and insight.
We invite you to learn more about SourceMedia at www.sourcemedia.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Date Posted: 5/22/12